Information technology asset disposition (ITAD) is the best way to assess and dispose of your old computer equipment. It’s much more involved than just picking up your outdated stuff and hauling it off. Whether you have 50 computers or 50,000, I.T. Supply Solutions is your partner for IT asset disposition. Read on to learn more about ITAD services for businesses of all sizes.
Overall Goal of ITAD
The overall goal of IT asset disposition is to minimize costs while maximizing your return on investment.
A few factors go into whether or not we’ll sell your old equipment.
- Age. Generally, we sell used computer equipment that is six years old or newer.
- Upgradability. Can we upgrade the used equipment to modern standards and protocols?
- Value on the market. We might be able to return some of the proceeds of your old equipment to you based on the value of what we find.
ITAD Best Practices
I.T. Supply Solutions meets or exceeds industry standards and best practices for ITAD, including NIST 800-88 compliance standards.
Before we sell or recycle, our team does one or more of the following:
- Overwrite or wipe the device’s memory using special software. This clears all data on your hard drive and renders it useless by replacing it with unusable data.
- Physical destruction of the hard drive. Have you seen our hard drive shredder? We’ll come to your facility to perform on-site shredding that you oversee.
We Follow These Strict Standards for All Businesses
ITAD best practices don’t change for businesses, no matter how big or small they are. If you’re a school system with 10,000 outdated laptops from five years ago, we carefully remove any and all sensitive data on the hard drives.
If you’re a small business with 15 used desktops you need to replace, we’ll perform the same stringent work on your machines.
ITAD by I.T. Supply Solutions
Have more questions? Talk to I.T. Supply Solutions! We offer free consultations and industry expertise to help determine what you have on hand and what it’s worth. Contact I.T. Supply Solutions online or call (859) 534-2323 for more details.